Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Wildcat = Fantasy Fun

DENVER - NOVEMBER 02:  Running back Ronnie Bro...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

Last night was the 1 year anniversary of the Dolphins tromping the Patriots and surprising the crap out of everyone with the wildcat offense. MIA won 38 - 13. How could I forget. I had good 'ol Ronnie Brown on the bench and only missed out on 5 TDs, one being a freakin pass. My opponent that week was at the Ravens game with me; laughing his but off as we watched, on the jumbo-tron, Ronnie run all over NE. I made sure to start Brown this time.

This year the offensive tactic was no surprise, but still, hard for IND to stop. I had a ball watching Ronnie get 137 yards and 2 TDs. One thing is for sure, the induction of the wildcat offense has changed a lot in fantasy football. Primarily, it raises the stock of the player who takes the snap. In MIA's case its their 1st-string running back. Why wouldn't you want Ronnie Brown on your team?

I snagged up Ronnie in the 4th round this year. Thinking not only is he the 1st-string back in a run-heavy offense but the potential fun factor of watching him play. It paid off. While I didn't quit see any passes from Ronnie, or 5 TDs, I sure needed the 25 pts to ensure my win over last weeks top scorer. It almost felt like having another QB in the line-up.

I'm sure I'll get trade requests for Ronnie now. No way am I parting with this dude. I'll start him even in a tough match-up against a good DEF. It's just too much fun to watch.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment