Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fantasy Football Registration

Image representing Yahoo! as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBase

Is there anyone else like me who started checking for fantasy football registration back in late April. I just couldn't wait to start my league back up again.

For 7 out of the last 8 years my league has been hosted on Yahoo. The exception was 2004 when I chose NFL.com. Also the only year I won 1st place. Most of my members claimed it was not as user-friendly as Yahoo. I personally didn't think it was as good looking as Yahoo's. There were some advantages like customizable logos, setting divisions, etc. All of which I do believe are available on Yahoo Plus now.

Anyhow, I've renewed my league and kept all the previous year's scoring settings. I was happy to include some of the new fantasy features on Yahoo Plus. The 3 I'm most excited about are: 1 ability to go up to 4 divisions, 2 IR, and 3 the waiver acquisition budget.

Another great new feature is the online mock draft. I've done 3 already. Not only does it allow you to analyze draft picks but it also gets members familiar with the online drafting tool. Because of this new feature I've decided to conduct my draft online this year.

The past 2 years my draft was done offline in a draft party. Draft parties are tons of fun but too long for most people. I think last year's was 7 hrs or so. Not only were members losing track of who was still available but wives started calling cell phones. The last few rounds just dragged on and we were all making bad picks anyway. The drafting too is much more efficient and I'm glad to find all of my members approve the change.

Maybe the draft party can be replaced with a trophy party? The only protest I hear from my members is they liked getting everyone together and talking trash. The problem is I'm not too sure how to host a trophy party. I live in a small 2 bedroom apt for one. I guess It's just something else I'll ponder over during this season.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment